Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Abhiskeham

As a kid I was a terror especially when it came to food... Making me have food took a lot of efforts & exercise... I am sure I digested all the food while having it. The digestion of food is also applicable to the people who tried to feed me!

I remember this one time when my mom lost her temper... I don't blame her... hehehe... read on!

We were at Tripuniturai (a town in Kerala) for the summer vacation... one night, after feeding me dinner my mom wanted me to have a glass of milk or buttermilk or a cup of yogurt... At first I refused to have either of the three choices.

After a lot of persuasion and a little bit of scolding I agreed to have milk... When she got the glass of warm milk I changed my mind to yogurt... When she got a cup of yogurt I changed my mind to buttermilk... Again she went and got a glass of that... At that point I went back to my first choice of milk... Patiently, she got me the milk again and I refused again... That was the boiling point I guess... The whole glass of milk got emptied on my head!

When I look back I wonder why that did not happen sooner... She also had to listen to her mom (my grand mom) scold her for the act... poor thing!

I love her for all the patience she had with a brat like me... I hope I can be more like her!!!

That was my first & last pal abhishekam!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sudhir Badami16:01

    Remember always, be patient and give plenty of love with non-materialistic expression of love and keep a child happy during its formative years - 0 to 6 yrs most definitely and you would have contributed to a growth of a happy person. Happy persons infect others with happiness. The fact that you recall the pal abhishekam incident and then perhaps a wash with tears in four eyes after that itself will ensure you will show lot of restraint. That is what parenting is all about.

    And "My daddy strongest" - I think you must tell story of "My daddy kindest" also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. padma18:22

    Both your blogs were nice. Its wonderful that these small details are still fresh in your memory. Life is made of all small joys - put together in a long string is what I believe. There will some knots in the string (sorrows) but the beads are our memories of all these tiny day-today events that keep us going.

    chitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Life is what happens when we are busy making other plans, said Lennon. That is a real life experience. By the way, Tripunithura is a nice place,full of temples My wife and I used to go to the Poornathresa Temple Festival with eighteen elephants and Chanda Melam. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete