Tuesday, August 19, 2008

PAY TO GET ECO FRIENDLY

In this age where everyone is talking about being eco-friendly ideas and practices I experienced very strange banking process with Deutsche Bank (DB).

My brother living in Mumbai used to receive my statements & bills while I am away. Since he has moved out of the current location I wanted to make sure my statements do not land up with the leased owners. For this purpose I spoke to banks and other service providers to send me their statements & bills online which happened very quickly & in some cases they gave some percent off on the bill. But the cherry on the cake is DB.


If I need to get eco friendly & stop my paper correspondence with DB then I have to pay a price... ain't that interesting to note... to get them to spend less on you, you pay 100 odd bucks every month. What a thought??? And what responsibility!!!

I found it ridiculous & I am no more a privileged customer of DB. When there is so much of competition around and other banks who are willing to provide better services why should you get stuck up with such a service... its a different story of you don't have an option!!!

Jaago grahak jaago... my small contribution to the campaign!!!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous17:03

    hey veena,
    spread the word, write to DB PR dept, including its main branch in Germany.

    cheers
    satish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous17:05

    there u go baby
    actually wih all these private banks there are so many hidden clauses and we have to be extra careful or else we r booked
    similar experience happened to me here in uae alongwith my salary account i was given 3 credit cards and i started being charged
    and they will give me calls from the call centre
    that too when i had not even opened those credit card covers
    we had to go thru a looooooooooooooooong procedure before it all stopped
    sudha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:03

    Veena,
    Don't the Dutch Bankers give internet banking facility, wherein, there is no "sending" that happens but you can log on to their site, put your id and password and have access to your account details as often as you like. No one can stop you or charge you for a service like that. If they do, then, they are gonna be left out.. people will move on to greener pastures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should contact the bank

    ReplyDelete